1.
They give me the creeps.这让我起鸡皮疙瘩。
A: I don't like spiders for they give me the creeps. They make me feel really gross and uncomfortable.
A: 我不喜欢蜘蛛,看见它们我就起鸡皮疙瘩。它们让我感到恶心、不舒服。
B: I am so sorry. I thought you like these kinds of animals.
B: 非常抱歉,我还以为你喜欢像这样的动物呢。
2.
He was given a red carpet welcome / treatment.他受到热烈欢迎。
A: They are so many people over there. How exciting!
A: 那里围观了许多人,真是激动人心啊!
B: Yeah, he was given the red carpet treatment and welcomed by a crown.
B: 是呀,他得到了隆重的款待及多数群众的热烈欢迎。
3.
This is a red-letter day for Susan.今天是苏珊的大好日子。
A: This is a red-letter day for Susan. She is going to marry John.
A: 今天是苏珊的大好日子。她就要嫁给约翰了。
B: Congratulations on their marriage!
B: 恭喜他们结婚了!
4.
She had stood me up.她放我鸽子。
A: I was afraid she had stood me up. But she finally got there.
A: 我当时真担心她放我鸽子,让我空等。可是后来她终于到了。
B: She does things like that frequently.
B: 她经常干那样的事情。
5.
Let's go for a joy ride.让我们去兜兜风。
A: Your brand new car is so excellent. I like it very much.
A: 你新买的车好棒,我很喜欢。
B: Let's go for a joy ride.
B: 让我们去兜兜风。
6.
Would you like to hang out with me? 和我一起出去溜达怎么样?
A: You have been staying at home for several days. Would you like to hang out with me?
A: 你在家都待了好多天了,和我一起出去溜达怎样?
B: No problem. Wait a moment.
B: 没问题,等我一下。
7.
Eat up! 大家尽情享用吧!
A: Today is your birthday. First of all, happy birthday to you!
A: 今天是你生日,首先祝你生日快乐!
B: Thank you for coming! We will have dinner outside. Eat up!
B: 谢谢你能来,待会我们会在外面进餐,大家尽情享用吧!
8.
Enjoy your square meal! 尽情享受大餐吧!
A: Congratulations! You have really done a good job. We will miss you very much.
A: 祝贺你。你的工作十分出色,我们会十分想念你的。
B: Me too. By the way, enjoy your square meal!
B: 我也一样,顺便说一句,尽情享受大餐吧!
9.
Cheers! Bottoms up.干杯!要一饮而尽。
A: This is just for you. Cheers! Bottoms up.
A: 这是特意为你调制的,干杯!要一饮而尽。
B: En...It tastes good. I appreciate what you have done for me.
B: 嗯……口感不错。谢谢你为我所做的一切。
10.
Let's go Dutch. AA制付款。
A: How about trying that new French restaurant tonight?
A: 今天晚上去那个新开的法国餐馆去试试怎么样?
B: OK. But I heard it's expensive so let's go Dutch, OK?
B: 没问题。我听说那个餐馆很贵,所以我们AA制付款,好吗?